Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook Folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Elitebook Folio 9470M laptop with dedicated Intel HD 4000 Graphic Card. I mostly love to game but due to the 32MB dedicated video memory, Iam unable to play games like Rainbow Six Seidge etc. I have a total of 1792MB video RAM allocated but only 32MB is dedicated. So how can I increase the video RAM. On average, a good game nowadays consumes 800-900 MB of video RAM. So If I am able to boost it up to 1GB, it would be great. I have 12GB DDR3 RAM in my laptop!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@faizybro239 wrote:

I have a HP Elitebook Folio 9470M laptop with dedicated Intel HD 4000 Graphic Card....

@faizybro239 

No, you can't increase dedicated RAM for integrated video. System will work this out and assign spare system RAM as shared video RAM up to MAX limit.

In your machine, because it has 12GB of RAM therefore system can assign up to 1.7GB of system RAM to video.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.