Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received the following systems report from Windows.  "The current version of your Intel display driver may cause performance and stability issues. It is strongly recommended that you update to driver version 100.8476 or later. Drivers are provided by Intel or your computer's manufacturer."  I cannot update the driver through Intel and, so far, haven't been able to through HP, either.  Intel says it is a custom driver provided for HP,  HP says the latest driver has been installed.  In the meantime, I am unable have full use of Illustrator, Photoshop and other graphics/imaging software.  Does anybody know how to fix this? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Hi Paul

The product number for my Pavillion Notebook is X7N37AV. 

Thank you for your reply.  I'm still not able to fully use my software, tried all ways suggested from both Intel and HP to no avail.  Any suggestions you have will be much appreciated.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to update the Intel graphics driver because your notebook has the Intel/Nvidia switchable graphics configuration.

If you update the Intel graphics driver, the nVidia switchable graphics won't work.

I wrote a knowledge base article about how to manually update the Intel graphics driver a while ago and someone replied in the comments section that using my method to update the graphics caused the Nvidia graphics not to work right.

You can see my knowledge base article at the link below, for how to manually update the Intel graphics driver and the person's comment below what I wrote.

Updating the Latest HD Graphics Driver from Intel...Skylake,... - HP Support Community - 7185608

I then went back and edited my article to suggest only updating the Intel graphics driver if that was the only graphics adapter the PC had.

You can see from his comment that yes, it fixed the adobe software problems, but caused the Nvidia graphics to quit working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.