Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Intel seems to have solved the problem. the return mesaage when trying to log in is now

"We can't log you in. Check for an invalid assertion in the SAML Assertion Validator "

It must be easier to block questions vs. actually fix the problem with MS 10

HP Recommended

Well... it looks like we have a new release of Win 10 - 1607?  I got home from a recent trip to find that my laptop had updated while I was gone.  As part of the process it decided that my generic Intel graphics drivers weren't supported and replaced them with the seriously out of date HP OEM drivers - the ones that STILL HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATED!!!

So, after 6 months of fully functional computer, I am back to my graphics freezing on a regular basis.  I will dig up the steps, but the ones I used were posted by "LFLFM" on page 11 of this thread.  I think they look fairly similar to the ones recently posted by Brandon on page 18 of this thread.

Wish me luck.  I'm hopeful that I can re-install the generic drivers.

PS - I love how this thread is marked "Solved:"

PPS - I just found this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930  I am going to give the "roll-back" option a try.  I will probably also try the option to keep it from updating.  I will let you know how it goes.

HP Recommended

The Microsoft roll back option does work and prevents Windows from over-writing and installing the latest drivers.  It was an issue for the December 2015 Windows 10 updates that "fixed" a security issue for Adobe's Flash Player.  When Microsoft released that fix, lots of software became instantly incompatible, including Skype.  Microsoft updated the Dec 2015 Windows updates to fix the problem, but it's probably a good idea to keep the link to the Microsoft app that prevents new drivers from being installed, as users could see similar incompatibility issues in the future with each Windows update.

The fix posted on pg 17 by Brandon, seems to be the best option to install generic Intel HD drivers.

I contacted and was routed to some higher level HP software folks who suggested that I simply roll everything back to Windows 8 -- which was what was initially installed on my machine even though HP represented to me that it was Windows 10 compatible.  Sigh, guess I'll add that promise to the classics ("Your check is in the mail."  "We're here from government to help."  "I promise to respect you in the morning.")

HP Recommended

ok so today we now have more issues with Windows 10. After the upgrade to the annaversary version ( auto download )

it seems a lot of apps no longer work. some like the Intel USB 3 software. Aparently Microsoft does not tink USB is needed.

I found neither Intel or Microsoft have a new version so USB 3 is no longer working on  my system.

Emailing Microsoft is a waste of time and HP is no better, Both point to Intel who points to Microsoft.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.