Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 G0T55AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been browsing Intel's website today and, taking into account my OS version and processor, I noticed the most current version of their HD Graphics 4600 video card is 15.40.7.64.4279. The version I currently have is 10.18.15.4248. Why is there (what seems to me) such a vast difference in version numbers? I realize it's best to download updates through HP as opposed to Intel (which is why I haven't downloaded and installed the version provided by Intel). Has it really been just over 3 years (my Device Manager says the driver date is 08/04/2015) since HP released an updated version of the driver for this video card and system configuration? If no, why hasn't my HP Support Assistant found, downloaded and installed an updated version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Paul_Tikkanen,

Thanks for the info and link to Intel's website, but I think I'll pass on using it (I don't want to risk messing anything up).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP only updates drivers if there is a known issue with the drivers on the support page.

If HP does not release any new graphics drivers, the HP support assistant can't find new ones that don't exist.

If you want, you can use the latest Intel graphics driver but you have to manually install it.

The auto install will tell you to get the driver from the PC manufacturer.

Here is how to manually update the graphics driver from Intel...

Download the Zip file version of the graphics driver and unzip the file to its driver folder (2nd one down on the left)

Version: 15.40.38.4963 (Latest)    Date: 5/4/2018

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27780/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?pr...

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Intel HD graphics adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab.   Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk and browse to the unzipped Intel graphics driver folder>Graphics>igdlh64 (setup information file), and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Paul_Tikkanen,

Thanks for the info and link to Intel's website, but I think I'll pass on using it (I don't want to risk messing anything up).

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, if you don't feel comfortable updating the drive that way, I would pass.

I did update mine to that version using the method I posted.

I have the Intel HD 4400.

Worked fine, no issues on my HP 350 G1 business-class notebook.

HP Recommended

In release notes, I see it tells whether or not SSM is supported. Further searching (on Google) gave me information on Standard Shadow Map. Is that what SSM is referring to?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.