Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavillion 15 -cc187cl 8550 CPU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, Here is a screen shot of an available update for Intel Graphics Driver. Are these safe to download in lieu of the recent flaws Intel is having Intel Graphics Driver prompting me to download.JPGwith it's chips? I am hesitate to download this until I know for sure. I believe I have already updated this driver once since owning this laptop not knowing of the recent news. The recent news talks of Intel main chip processors possibly being flawed so not sure where Intel's graphics driver update might fall within this news. Thanks for all your great help here! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rocpapershotgum

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand you need information on updating the Intel drivers,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you personally had any issues or errors while attempting to download the updates for Intel devices?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

A driver is software written for a specific operating system (OS). The OS uses the driver to communicate with a specific hardware device. Intel develops graphics drivers so that Windows* operating systems can communicate with specific Intel® graphics devices.

Intel has generic versions of the Intel® Graphics Drivers available but recommends using drivers from your computer manufacturer. The computer manufacturer can offer customized versions of the Intel Graphics Drivers for your particular computer model.

That said, if there are any specific issues with the updates offered at the HP Support Assistant, you will be notified prior to download as we wouldn't want you to go through any issues, if some issues occur accidentally, you can always rollback the driver using the device manager.

Although, I personally don't update my drivers unless there are any issues on my computer that requires a fix as that's one of the main purposes of updating the drivers.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@rocpapershotgum

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand you need information on updating the Intel drivers,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you personally had any issues or errors while attempting to download the updates for Intel devices?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

A driver is software written for a specific operating system (OS). The OS uses the driver to communicate with a specific hardware device. Intel develops graphics drivers so that Windows* operating systems can communicate with specific Intel® graphics devices.

Intel has generic versions of the Intel® Graphics Drivers available but recommends using drivers from your computer manufacturer. The computer manufacturer can offer customized versions of the Intel Graphics Drivers for your particular computer model.

That said, if there are any specific issues with the updates offered at the HP Support Assistant, you will be notified prior to download as we wouldn't want you to go through any issues, if some issues occur accidentally, you can always rollback the driver using the device manager.

Although, I personally don't update my drivers unless there are any issues on my computer that requires a fix as that's one of the main purposes of updating the drivers.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.