Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15m-ed0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a student employee with an HP Envy laptop who is having trouble with the sensor not disengaging when they move into laptop mode from tablet mode. Because the sensor is not picking up the switch, their internal keyboard is unusable.

I instructed them on how to get into the settings and turn this feature off, but the setting they should have in Windows 10 is not there.

Path to setting:
Control panel (NOT SETTINGS) -> Keyboard (go to view and use icons if you don’t see this option) -> Keyboard Lock -> Auto Lock the keyboard and touchpad (recommended)

The student has checked their drivers, re-installed HP Assistant, factory reset the laptop, and still isn't seeing the setting. They've also tried to work around it by turning off the automatic switch to tablet mode and turning tablet mode off manually, but it isn't affecting the auto-lock since the sensor is still engaged.

Any ideas what could be hiding the setting we need? I'd love to not have to advise them to replace a potentially expensive or hard to replace part.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @NathanRomond,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Notebook PC. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist better:

While you respond to that please try the below steps:

Update the BIOS & Video card & Chipset drivers to resolve this issue

• Here's the link to download and install the above updates: Click here

I Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.