Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

UHD Graphics 620 driver issues

I have an HP pavilion with UHD Graphics 620 / Nvidia GeForce 940MX with 16 Gb of RAM.  When I purchased the laptop it seemed more than powerful enough to handle my graphics needs.

Now installing Roblox Studio it gives me a warning that my drivers need updating.  I executed the search for new drivers and the Nvidia update occurred, but with the UHD graphics 620 it said the laptop did not require any additional driver upgrades.  When I look at the date on the driver it says June 2018.  I see several other drivers for the 620 up till late 2020 but for whatever reason it wont acknowledge the later version.  The error I was getting that suggested I look at the driver was that OpenGL version needed to be higher than 2.0   When I looked at the OpenGL version was 4.5 and directX version of 12.

I spoke with Intel directly.  Their community (ex employee) who said...

"There might be plenty of updates from Intel, but laptops with dual graphics solutions often require modified drivers and thus you should stick with the drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer. If you are encountering software that is saying an update is required (or at least recommended), you need to contact the laptop manufacturer's support desk and find out (a) whether they plan any subsequent releases and (b) whether the drivers are actually modified. If they are not modified, you have the option of upgrading to the latest offered on the Intel site (version 27.20.100.9168, dated 1/20/21 and available for download here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30148).

The same goes for the NVIDIA drivers as well.

Hope this helps,"

I did not realize I had a duel graphics solution, but that aside, I need to understand what graphics driver I should be updating to?

regards

Darren

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@dmorling, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps that should fix the issue.

1. Step 1 Update the  HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS
  2.  Step 2 Intel® Driver & Support Assistant the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics, drivers step 3 Check Windows Update.  
  3. step 4 GEFORCE EXPERIENCE

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.