Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elite book
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ordered portable display E14 G4. It came with C TYPE usb cable at both ends. When I connected to my elite book running on window 10, it is not identifying  the display. This is very expensive display but currently of zero value to me.  Anyone has an answer to this issue. ? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Shail7 

The EliteBook is series, not a specific model.  On some, the USB-C connector is power only, not video.

IF you provide the specific model number, I can see if there are any specs indicating the limits of the USB-C connector.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
Thanks. I also have HP pavilion  Laptop 15-cs3001ne. Even I’m getting same error. 
I’m using elitebook folio 1040G3. I’m using Microsoft Windows 10 enterprise. If C type usb is power only type is there any way to connect this monitor with my laptop? 
is there any way to convert my laptop c type USB to thunderbolt for video transfer? 
HP Recommended

@Shail7 

There are adapters you can buy to hook a screen to a USB port.  The specific adapter is based on the resolution of the screen. The ones that work the best are the ones that come with their own drivers.

As to the Thunderbolt conversion, I have no idea.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.