Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 470 G8 Notebook PC (2W3N6AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to connect an external monitor to my laptop using  the Thunderbolt Dock (which according to the information available works with USB C).  As far as we can tell all other functions associated with the Dock work fine.  However there is no signal getting through the Dock to the monitor?  I'm sure more information will be required but am I missing something obvious?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Same issue.

network works

power showing plugged in

HDMI-USB works

HDMI-USB C - no display

HDMI - DP - no display

these are brand new LG 27MQ44B monitors (Qty:2)

Trying to use new HP ProBook 450 G9

not sure why the thunderbolt does not work. Also HP Support told me to update using HP IA still no display.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.