Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My screen screen will sometimes go black when in Zoom.  Everyone else in the meeting can still see and hear me, but I cannot see them and lose control of my screen.  The last time this question was asked in this forum (in June '20), the HP rep. incorrectly addressed the problem as though it were an issue with that persons camera but it's our screen not working in Zoom.  Apparently my camera is still working as others can see and hear me.  Please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BMV1 The black screen during screen sharing could be caused by a graphics card with automatic-graphics switching (such as an Nvidia card).

1. Open the Nvidia Control Panel in the Windows Control Panel.
  2. Click Manage 3D Settings.
  3. Click on Program Settings under I would like to use the following 3D settings.
  4. Under Select a program to customize, add Cpthost.exe from the Zoom bin directory.
  5. Click Add.
  6. Find Cpthost.exe from the Zoom bin directory (located at C:/>Users>YOURUSERNAME>AppData>Roaming>Zoom>bin).
  7. Click Add Selected Program.
  8. Under Preferred Graphics Processor, select Integrated graphics
  9. Click Apply.
  10. Try screen sharing again with Zoom.

If the issue persists, try another app or refer to Zoom support.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.