Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 11

My PC keeps asking me for my password. How do I keep my PC from repeatedly asking me for my password?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Filvbe26,

Thanks for engaging in the HP support community! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

We can imagine how difficult it could be when you are locked out of your own system. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Could you please let us know, how exactly you use to login to your system?

2. Are there any other admin accounts?

3. When you say user names had changed, don’t you see your user name at bottom right corner at the sign in screen?

4. Have you tried logging in to your Microsoft accounts from your preferred web browser?

In meantime, we would suggest you to try logging into Microsoft account using your preferred browser and check if you are able to login. If you are not able to log in, we would suggest you to refer How to reset your Microsoft account password and try resetting the password.

If you are successful with logging into Microsoft account, then try connecting Ethernet cable to have to internet connection to both laptop and desktop and try logging into computer.

If the issue still persists, please follow the steps mentioned below and check.

1. When the system reaches sign in screen, press and hold shift key and, click on Restart using the Power button on screen.

2. Then select Troubleshoot > Advanced > options > Safe mode with networking and try logging in.

3. If the issue still persists, Press and hold Shift key and click on Restart in the Start menu.

4. Once the computer restarts to WinRE mode, click on Troubleshooting.

5. Click on Advanced options > Command Prompt.

6. Then type net user administrator /active:yes and Press Enter.

7. Type exit and press Enter.

8. Restart the computer and log in to Hidden Administrator account.

9. Refer Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10 and create new administrator account or change administrator account.

10. If you were able create new admin account successfully, then log in to the same account.

11. Search for Command Prompt in search bar.

12. Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.

13. Type net user administrator /active:no and press Enter.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.