Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody

I have a problem with my convertible HP Envy x360.

the problem is that my convertible deactivates the keyboard and the touchpad when the whole notebook is rotatet more than 45 degrees to the left or to the right. 

that the keyboard has to be deactivated if i use the tablet mode makes sense for me, and thats working fine.

but if i do not fold my display to the back and use it as a normal notebook, the keyboard and the touchpad should not be deactivated if the notebook is rotatet. (to clarify, with rotatet I mean that the whole laptop is for example 90 degrees to the right. that happens if i use the notebook in bed and then i am not in tablet mode, i just want to use the laptop normal with keyboard and touchpad)

i already spent a lot of time looking for a solution. i tried to deactivate the orientation sensor of the notebook in the registry, deactivate the autorotation and nothing solved my issue.

another thing that i recognized with the orientation sensor is, that sometimes it is not able to activate or deactivate the autorotation because the button is gray and i can not select it. thats not a really big thing because if i rotate the whole laptop, sometimes the gray background of the autorotating-button disappears and i can unselect it. but perhaps this could be a hint why i have these problems.

thank you very much for your help,

kind regards

Kickflip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kickflip

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the tablet mode.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

When was the last time the computer was working fine?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04856156

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Kickflip

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the tablet mode.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

When was the last time the computer was working fine?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04856156

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fosette

Dear Fosette

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried updating the drivers you told, but unfortunately the problem is still here. 

To your question, when the last time was the computer was working fine: I would not say that my computer does not work fine but this is an issue i always had. As I read in the internet, there are more people with this problem, especially with the autorotation button that can not be deactivated.

I was hoping that there is an opportunity or something like that to deactivate the sensor completely, so that the computer is not registering any rotations and does not change or deactivate anything if I rotate the screen.

Thank you very much,

Kind regards

Kickflip

HP Recommended

@Kickflip

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Okay I will do so. thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards, 

Kickflip

HP Recommended

@Kickflip

You're weclome!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.