Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15 inch

Is there anyway to adjust keyboard backlight timer on the gem cut x360 15 inch? If I don't touch the keyboard for 30 sec - the backlights go off.

The only three modes seem to be - off, dim with off timer and bright with off timer. As far as I can tell, there is no way to keep the keyboard backlight on without a timer. This makes working in a dark room (as I often do at night) incridibly inneficient. I have to scramble to keep typing before the lights go out.

I just received this laptop today but if I am not able to adjust - I will likely return it. For something that costs so much - I would expect to have a bit more control over the settings. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ekyay 

Please use section The backlight stays on for only a few seconds on the following article

https://support.hp.com/si-en/document/c01612362

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

On some Spectres there apparently is a setting in BIOS under Configuration tab:

http://h20574.www2.hp.com/Media/97AE6F1A-F746-48F4-A660-29D8242B001E/System.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thank you but unfortunately the late 2018 gem cut models dont have that. I think im all out of luck. I have found forums with same issue and no fix.

HP Recommended

Did you check in BIOS under Configuration tab? If it isn't there, I agree that is irritating. I had an X2 model a few years ago that had no way to adjust it. Of course tapping the spacebar made it immediately come back on but was a tad annoying.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Unfortunetly nothing there. It is a minor inconvience over a major flaw but still wish there was a way to adjust.

Thanks for the suggestions! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.