Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi there,

Hoping someone might be able to please help with my keyboard issue. Essentially I am having trouble getting most of the number row aside from 5+6, and the right and down arrow to work. So far I have tried the following:

- Reinstalling keyboard drivers - did not work at all

- Plugging in an external key board - keys all working fine

- Factory reset of laptop - worked briefly, maybe a few days

- Installing a new Windows update - again worked briefly, maybe a few days

I then began to think it must just be a hardware issue, so was planning on going to a laptop repair place once lockdown is over. But then I downloaded a Gameboy emulator and suddently, all keys are working fine when I play it. Made me wonder again if it was a software issue. Then I tried:

- Saw a help forum post somewhere suggesting that installing a new language pack had helped to resolve the same issue. It does, but only for a few hours maybe, and I can't simply flip between one language and another to fix it again I have to download a whole new language pack each time to get it to work.

- Today I was searching again was trying to follow the steps outlined in this post https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-not-working-some-apps... which is where I am now a little stuck.

When I follow step one this is the message I recieve - what can I do from here? I feel like I have closed everything aside from PowerShell which is notes as one of the issues, the Start menu looks closed to me, and I'm not sure what CBS is. Restarting didn't help either unofortunately.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.1904 1.1023_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 4daa82ac-9c68-0006-f5f7-aa4d689cd701 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 4daa82ac-9c68-0006-f5f7-aa4d689cd701 At line:1 char:94 + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...p pXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.
Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02,
The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0. 19041.1023_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 4daa82ac-9c68-0002-d10d-ab4d689cd701 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 4daa82ac-9c68-0002-d10d-ab4d689cd701 At line:1 char:94 + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...p pXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows. Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02,
The package could not be installed because resources it modifies
are currently in use.
error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps
need to be closed
MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_120.2212.3530.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId]
4daa82ac-9c68-0006-cefd-aa4d689cd701 in the Event Log or use the
command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID
4daa82ac-9c68-0006-cefd-aa4d689cd701
At line:1 char:94
+ ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode
-Register "$($_.I ...
+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...p
pXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.
Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.