Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My keyboard was working today which is the 10th of May or the 8th of May 2021 but now that I'm in the hotel room now my keyboard doesn't work I had it in my laptop bag and nothing seems to have happened to it and then like I say it was working when I left the house how can I get my keyboard to start working again my number is Keys only works for so many numbers and my keyboard only so many letters work and so many numbers work as well so what might have caused this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@tman990 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

If the keyboard is wireless, then my guess would be batteries are low.  Some laptops display warnings when this happens; others do not.

If the keyboard is wired, then you could try the following:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03738933

IF those diagnostics pass, I don't know what to suggest.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.