Thados
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Keyboard on My Pavilion Laptop Stopped Working

HP Recommended
Example
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Middle row keys stopped working on my sons laptop. I did the hard restart and updated the drivers and all computer updates as well. They still aren't working.

1 REPLY 1
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,895 42,133 4,634 12,318
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there a reason that you have not identified the notebook with its complete product name or product number (SKU)?

That always helps and is considered the norm here in the forum.

If I may speak candidly, that is usually the result of spillage of tea, coffee or soft drink on the keyboard.

Have you run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic Utility tests on the keyboard?  From power off, press the power button and immediately start tapping the f2 key to invoke the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic Utility. Click on component tests and then choose the keyboard test and run it.

Plug in a USB keyboard to see if it works. That will isolate the issue to the keyboard or a component on the system board.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops or desktop PCs, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate the Product number (SKU)
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation