Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 14s-fr0016AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, my name is jijo das. i brought a hp laptop from amazon 2 months ago, the laptop is having some screen issue, the screen got keyboard marks in it, its not cleanable,  but very much irritating while browsing or doing any stuff. U will be able to see each keyboard switches burning type marks on the screen, In just 1.5months the product got this kinda issue.WhatsApp Image 2021-07-09 at 1.50.12 AM.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@JijoD7

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you checked the display on an external monitor?
  • Is it visible when the computer is turned off?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hey there, im having the same problem with my laptop.

its been a week since i noticed it, but today i was scared if my screen got screen burn, its very annoying to see it on screen, i bought my laptop on 23 may 2021, not even 2 months are passed and this happened.

im really worried about my screen.

please tell me what to do.

HP Recommended

@Nikhil_21

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that laptop keys marks are seen on the display. 

If you have not contacted the original store where the product was purchased, I would request you to reach out to the original store or purchase was made from the online shopping site for a quick repair or replacement options.  

And, also I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there, thank you for replying me. After reading your reply I have filed a case and service center has taken action. I just wanted to know that the repair is under warranty right? I'm mean I don't have to pay for it, it isn't been two months and I faced this problem, I picked hp because of near by service center and good quality and was in Good range. 

HP Recommended

@Nikhil_21

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to reach our support for your computer service. 
With the standard one-year limited warranty, you will be covered for the repair or replacement of parts deemed defective. The warranty does not cover accidental damage, screen crack and liquid spillage.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay, thank you 👍

HP Recommended

@JijoD7

👍

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello there,

I am also facing the same issue in my laptop and my brother is having the same laptop and he is also facing the same keyboard marks visible issue as i am facing. Our laptop series is HP 14s dq0000 i5 10th gen. He went to service center and they are saying they will only replace if full screen is faulty, but it is not our fault here, HP should accept that its some manufacturing fault thats why the issue is same in most of the laptops.

HP Recommended

Hello There All! 

I have purchased an HP Pavilion Laptop 13-bb0075TU from HP Online Store on 25-JAN-2021 for personal use with 2 years warranty extension pack additionally. Unfortunately, only within few months, I noticed permanent keyboard impressions over the display after turn on the laptop (actually, the screen is being damaged internally due to direct contact of the keyboard with the screen after closing the lid of the laptop). This could have happened even within a few days if I had used it without the black thin screen protection pad that comes with it. 

In fact, I have taken it only for studies and not for entertainment and if there was no problem in reading and writing due to such spots on the screen, then the problem would not have been so serious. 

Further, for such a design defect, the replacement of a part is not the solution which company offers to users. Apart from the design defect, there is a warning defect also as no warning label or instruction on the laptop for such a critical issue. 

There are three types of product defects: 

1. Design defects occur before a product is manufactured because the product was either not tested properly, or poorly designed. Every item that is produced using a flawed design is considered dangerous. 
  2. Manufacturing defects happen when an error in the manufacturing process deviates from the intended design. 
  3. Warning defects hold the manufacturer, supplier, or vendor responsible for inadequate warning labels or instructions for use on a product. 

This design defect has the potential to cause harm to consumers? 

Fight for consumer rights! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.