Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP spectre x360 13"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the HP spectre x360 that I purchased for medical school last year. I love taking notes on powerpoint slides with the HP active pen that it came with. I have noticed a few months ago, the pen input seemed off. This has slowly progressed to what I would consider "lagging of pen input". At first the pen input would pick up right away and I could write on the slide flawlessly and without hesitation. But now, I have noticed that when I write on the slide, the digitilizer does not pick up on the pen right away. Instead, the screen will register my palm initially and "left-click" on the spot. I have tried turning the touch screen off in the device manager. That obviously stopped the inappropriate clicking but still I have noticed that when I go to write the action of initiating the writing lags behind. I will try to write soemthing only to notice the pen has only written the later half of the word. I have also noticed that the small pen icon that appears when the tip of the active pen is hovering above the screen is no longer "smooth". The icon now "jumps around", just like a mouse would during a FPS drop. 

I have updated all my drivers. I have uninstalled some and tried to reinstall and have run the HP systems diagnostics without any luck. 

Unfortunately, my warranty just expired (8/8/18). I had not used the pen all summer as we were on break but we are now back in class and this problem has come back to my attention. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MMuss1127,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the Pen was working fine?
  • What is the exact model for your computer?
  • What is the product number of the HP Pen?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

While I wait for the answers, I recommend you install HP support assistant from the below link and run all the updates available for your computer and check whether the issue is resolved.

http://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_in/en/any/psg/pl...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have ran the HP assist and it has not helped. I have kept up with the updates that were from the HP assist program lately. Model of the computer is spectre x3600 13-ac0XX. Im not sure if I have the pen model number. I do not have the box at my current residence, it is at my previous residence.
HP Recommended

@MMuss1127,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a private message suggesting next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

did you ever get this figured out? I'm having the same issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.