cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Fraser19-x
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Laptop Screen not connected to gpu

HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V8Z7AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi so i recently just bought the hp victus and when i tried playing games it was extremely low fps and 100% gpu usage of the rtx 3060 so i connected it to my tv to test that and it worked perfectly so i think the monitor is connected to the motherboard instead of gpu is there any fix for that because i feel theres no point in the monitor if i cant even use it to game?

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 20
Level 20
100,900 39,935 13,100 27,452
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Fraser19-x 

Please check Display setting to see where it comes from. For example on my machine (which is an Omen) internal display is connected to the NVIDIA card.

144Hz.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Fraser19-x
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i just checked there and its not connected to my nvidia graphics card its connected to the internal graphics

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation