09-20-2019 09:40 AM
I have a Spectre 360 laptop connected to a HP G2 dock with dual HP 22er monitors. When the computer turns off the displays after 10 minutes the left display, which is set to be the main, goes to sleep and the power light turns orange. The right monitor will display "input signal not found" every few minutes and the power light stays illuminated white. I have swapped the monitors and the problem stays on the right. The monitors are connected with their own display port to HDMI cables to the dock. I haven't been able to find any settings in Windows that would control this.
Any help is appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-22-2019 11:56 AM - edited 09-22-2019 11:57 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I have a few more troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, let's update the latest system software and driver using Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Next run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
if the issue persists, try performing system factory default settings: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961#AbT3
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
09-25-2019 08:11 AM
I followed all of these steps. There were quite a few updates to install. The updates did not resolve the issue.
Next I decided to switch the monitor cables and I found that the issue follows the cable. I think one of my DisplayPort to HDMI cables has an issue. I am going to order another cable and see if that's the issue. I will let you know.