Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-ca1500na
Microsoft Windows 11

Screen blinking on and off intermittently from start-up. No damage to screen itself. Laptop has not been subjected to any trauma.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @KevinPC

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing display-related issues on your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

I would suggest you please use the link below and follow the steps. Once done, let me know the outcome of it: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04783131 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you. I will try this solution.

I installed Windows 11 on my laptop (originally Windows 10 pre-installed on purchase). However, the problem has only occurred 3 months after installing Windows 11. No new hardware installed.

HP Recommended

I have tried this solution, but unfortunately it has not worked. 

Don't know whether this is relevant, but when I connect the laptop to an external monitor, the external monitor does not flicker (blink on and off) - the picture remains normal and steady.

Any other suggestions, please?

HP Recommended

Alright.

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted in order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

My laptop is one week out of warranty.

When I switch on the screen is flashing intermittently making the device unusable. After repeated restarts it eventually boots up and works satisfactorily. it never falters once it has started up satisfactorily.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the display drivers and that has not resolved the issue.

I am really frustrated and disappointed with HP. the laptop was expensive, has been well cared for and has otherwise been fine.

Can you help?

HP Recommended

Hi @Michael150553

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd like to help! 

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc. 

Keep me posted. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Product no 7vw22ga

HP Recommended

I am sorry but I am not able to pull any information using the product number you shared. Could you private message me the serial number of your system so that I can assist you further?

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.