Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probook 470 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I  have connected my laptop to a grundig TV and it doesn't recognize that I have conected it. This worked yesterday (and for months before) but it stopped today. I have updated my graphics card's drivers and tried different cables and HDMI ports (on the TV) but nothing helped. Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Maybe, it was as simple as having the TV powered-on when the laptop connects to it?

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

On your keyboard, hold-down the "Windows" key (bottom-left) of your keyboard, and press the 'P' key.

Does it show that you have TWO display-screens?

How many video-inputs does your TV have: VGA, DVI, HDMI-1, HDMI-2, DisplayPort, coaxial, component, composite?

Have you configured your TV to "listen" to the input that is connected to the video-cable from your computer?

HP Recommended

Windows key + P shows the menu and douplicate displays is highlighted. 

The TV has 3X HDMI,2X USB, ANT-IN, SATELITE, SCART, optic out.

Yes, the HDMI cable is connected to HDMI port 1 and TV is set to show picture from that same port.

HP Recommended

@crodestroyer66 wrote:
1. This worked yesterday (and for months before) but it stopped today.

2. Windows key + P shows the menu. Duplicate displays is highlighted. 

3. Yes, the HDMI cable is connected to HDMI port 1 and TV is set to show picture from that same port.

1. I don't understand why it stopped working.

2. Your laptop does recognize the TV, unlike what is stated in the SUBJECT line of this thread.

Is there a "duplicate" image on the TV screen?

Have you tried the various options on that "Windows-P" screen?

3. Can you temporarily change the resolution of your laptop to 1024-by-768?

Hopefully, your TV supports the same resolution.

Then, increase the resolution to 1280-by-1024, and so on.

HP Recommended

I have given my laptop to my friend and he pluged it in to his tv and it worked. After that, I have brought the laptop back to my place and pluged it in to my TV and it works now! Thank for your answers, they gave me hope that the issue will be resolved 🙂

HP Recommended

Maybe, it was as simple as having the TV powered-on when the laptop connects to it?

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

THANKS SO MUCH. SAVED MY LIFE<3 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.