Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp-bw084ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey There!

I have a hp-bw084ax as my laptop. The issue here is that my laptop isn't detecting the dedicated gpu Amd Radeon 530. I am stuck with only the integrated Amd R5 card which at certain times fails to full my daily needs. I have 16 GB ram. I tried updating my graphic driver but it just won't work and i even tried the recommended graphic driver for the laptop from hp website but it just won't work. It used to work just fine I don't know what might have happened to cause this maybe some driver update. and one more thing I also tried scanning and checking the show hidden devices in device manager but it didn't work either it's like my dedicated gpu just went in hibernation. 
                                 It's really troubling me for like a month now so please try to find a solution for this. I will be very grateful

Waiting for your reply, 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Jazz2003 

Welcome to HP Community!

The dedicated/discrete GPU is system managed and cannot be changed or set as default manually, there are a few tweaks that could be made using the steps in this link: click here to explore, that said, if you've confirmed that one of the two GPU's isn't working, you may want to perform a hardware test to identify hardware malfunction and we could work on repairing or replacing the GPU that no longer works:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.
    • If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, the results were positive.

Btw there is one thing that I should tell you. Just a couple of days ago when I downgraded to a hp recommended driver the GPU was detected the next day but when I rebooted my pc well it wasn't there.
It's like my GPU is playing a game of hide & seek with me. 
I am gonna try other recommended drivers while waiting for your reply but I don't think that's gonna bring a change but well no harm in trying.

Update: Didn't work either.

HP Recommended

@Jazz2003 The best way to win the game of hide and seek is to identify if the GPU is malfunctioning or if its a mere driver issue, hence please perform the hardware test suggested previously and get back to us with the results.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well I already as I stated in my earlier message that "the results were positive." There were no malfunctions or errors detected.

HP Recommended

@Jazz2003
Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, i have the same problem but where to start. it is a expensive device with preformance of a 200$ laptop. I sent my hp to a official service multiple times. The service is unprofessional and unhelpful, They dont solve your problems and with this problem they dont give me any support they just said wait for a driver update and thats it. Imo hp prowed as very bad laptop with little support and they dont accept their faults and they try to avoid refunds at any cost so the only thing i see as a solution is changing laptops to lenovo or acer becouse hp is awful. No drivers no support, overall a very bad expirience!

HP Recommended

Hi @MARKO231

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this, they should be able to help. 

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.