Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use an hp pavilion core i5 8th gen, model 15-cc123cl , recently when I shutdown the laptop the the orange light that shows charging would turn on without been plugged to a power supply, if I press down  the power button for some seconds the orange light would go off but the laptop doesn’t turn on.

Also when I try to turn on the laptop the power button keeps blinking with or without been plugged to a power supply, this use to happen after watching some videos on YouTube I would press down the power button for 30seconds unplug power and other peripheral devices and turn on the laptop it would work good but for almost 24hours that method hasn’t been worked  I have been unable to turn on the PC need urgent help 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi

Pressing and Holding the PWR button (typically 4 seconds) SHUTS DOWN the PC.

This seems to be the crucial part "I have been unable to turn on the PC need urgent help"

Perhaps start here...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-cc100-laptop-pc/16842299/model/17626043/troubles...

First:- Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds.

Then - Leave only keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all externally connected
devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.
Rinse and Repeat

AND/OR - Power on your PC, press Esc (repeatedly), then F2 at the prompt.
Choose System Tests (Fast Test does a 4 minute hardware check).

Please try the above and report back.

HP Recommended

The laptop has been off for almost 24hrs I can’t do anything anytime I try to turn it on the power button keeps blinking 

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107

The blinks indicate the error.

BIOS flashing light error codes for computers released between 2011 and January 2015

On some computers, the motherboard can flash or change the color of lights on the outside of the case, such as the power button LED and the hard drive activity LED. For computers that support this technology, lights blink and provide a beep to indicate a failure condition.

LED and beep condition

Description

Corrective action

Power button LED blinks 5 times with 5 beeps

Memory

Reseat memory DIMM modules. If the problem is not resolved, contact support to resolve a possible RAM or Main-Board failure.

Power button LED blinks 6 times with 6 beeps

Video Card or Graphics

Reset the graphics card (if applicable). If the problem is not resolved, remove other accessory cards, and replace the graphics card or Main-Board.

Power button LED blinks 7 times with 7 beeps

Motherboard or Main-Board failure

Contact support for possible Main-Board replacement.

Power button LED blinks 8 times with 8 beeps

BIOS or CMOS problem (ROM)

Perform BIOS recovery with external media (USB/CD-ROM).

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your replies , luckily today it turned on without doing anything to make it on , it seems the pc is in charge of its own life now, I updated the bios online with HP support, but the same problem keeps occurring, when I shutdown the laptop and I immediately turn it on there isn’t any problem occurring, but if I wait for let’s say 30min after shutdown and I try to turn on the laptop again the power button blinks non stop without any sound, I did all this before and after I updated bios. 

HP Recommended

Hi

So run an F2 diagnostic, and think about changing the CMOS/RTC battery.

HP Recommended

Thanks again for your help, I use F2 to do a fast  test on the laptop when I was able to on it, the battery looks ok, this time I had the courage to unscrew the laptop take out the battery and then power again the laptop turned on with ease, what I have noticed is if I keep yusing the laptop, shutdown and turn on almost immediately there is no problem with that but if I leave the laptop to rest for more than an hour and try to power it again the power button would blink light and would not turn 

2073449F-C7BE-486B-BBBE-E57CB2B0179A.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hi

The CMOS/RTC battery maintains settings etc when the PC is powered OFF.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=cmos+rtc+battery&t=ffnt&ia=products

https://www.deskdecode.com/cmos-battery/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.