Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-dy1074nr

MY LAPTOP SCREEN WILL FLICKER OR BLACKOUT WHEN MOUSE MOVES THE CURSOR. IF I RESTART THE PROBLEM USUALLY GOES AWAY. WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @FREDC909,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

I understand that you are facing a screen flickering issue.

Please perform the system file check.

1) Select Start, and in the search box, enter Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select Run as administrator. 

2) Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/"). 

3) Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/"). 

Also, try to update the BIOS.

Or if that does not help, you may also try the following below. 

This could be the issue is caused by hibernation. Therefore it should be turned off completely to fix the screen flickering.

Got to Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep -> Additional Power Settings

Screenshot 2020-09-22 230850.png

Select "Choose what the power button does" then deselect "Turn on fast startup"

Screenshot 2020-09-22 231203.png

This will disable hibernation when you shut down your PC manually.

Then go to "Change when the computer sleeps", "Change advanced power settings", "Sleep", and "Hibernate after" and set values to zero.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @FREDC909,

Hope I was able to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @FREDC909,

As we did not hear from you, I'll be closing this case for now. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.