Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion – 15-cs0019nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey All,

apologies if this questions comes back again... as I've been browsing for solution on that problem for a really long time and even other threads on HP community forum are not helpfull I need your help. 

My HP Pavilion – 15-cs0019nw experiences MASSIVE fps drops that are happening when AC is connected and battery is full or almost full. By massive I mean going down in CS:GO and other video games from 120 (based on my graphic settings) to 12/15 and then back to 100/120 and again 12/15. Below is what I've done already: 

- Reinstalled completely my OS (Windows 10), drivers, steam, all games (everything with newest up to date version);

- Checked temperatures and they are just fine (around 60 degrees while playing hard);

- Updated BIOS to newest version;

- When I was resintalling my OS I made sure to clean my whole disk, not just overwrite it;

- My installation is completely free of not reauired software, all I have is OS, HP Support Assistant, Steam, CS:GO, Stronghold Crusader 2 and Microsoft Edge;

- Scanned my laptop with multiple antivirus softwares finding completely nothing;

- Turned off Search Index in windows services;

This is definitely not an issue related to low spec that can't handle those games as everytime I launch them for th first time I get highest settings possible (I am not playing demanding games). My laptop is not overheating, I keep it on my wooden desk and use only original software and good quality accesories. 

Can somebody try to help me, please? I have no other ideas in my head when it comes to solving this issue. 

Another question - is this laptop fully compatible with Linux Mint or Ubuntu in case I no longer can operate on Windows considering potential root cause of that problem I have as Windows issue? Just want to find out an alternative.... 

Thanks to anyone who at least takes a look into that thread. 

Cheers

Lukasz

PS I was stupid enough not to pay attention to that when my device was still recognized as HP supported and could use my warranty so any HP service as of now is not an option. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Bump 

Anyone anything? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.