Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 13-ac000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

Does anybody know if Microsoft New Surface pen  is  compatible with HP Spectre 13-ac000?  Old pen seemed to be with 1024 pressure levels, new one is claimed to have 4096 pressure levels: https://www.windowscentral.com/new-surface-pen-now-preorder-microsoft

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @PinJan - Greetings!

Thanks for your continued participation in HP Support forums! I'd be glad to be of your assistance 🙂

I understand that you are checking the new Surface Pen compatibility with your HP Spectre. I checked the Microsoft store for the details and it seems that the Pen is only compatible with these products:

Surface Studio

Surface Laptop (no tilt functionality)

Surface Book

Surface Pro

Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 3

Surface 3

Hence, it looks like the pen is not compatible with the HP Spectre. Check See Compatibility of Stylus for details. 

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @PinJan - Greetings!

Thanks for your continued participation in HP Support forums! I'd be glad to be of your assistance 🙂

I understand that you are checking the new Surface Pen compatibility with your HP Spectre. I checked the Microsoft store for the details and it seems that the Pen is only compatible with these products:

Surface Studio

Surface Laptop (no tilt functionality)

Surface Book

Surface Pro

Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 3

Surface 3

Hence, it looks like the pen is not compatible with the HP Spectre. Check See Compatibility of Stylus for details. 

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I have the Microsoft Surface Pen which was for the Surface Pro 3.  It is silver with a purple top that clicks and two side button.  It not only works with my Spectre x360 13-ac023dx, but has better functionality than the included stylus with Windows Pen & Ink because the click top can be used to open programs and apps.

HP Recommended

I have the new HP Spectre 13 inch x360 - AE010TU - the late 2017 model.

I also have the new surface pro pen (for the new surface pro without number). The pen is is Burgundy in colour.

The Microsoft pen works perfectly well with the HP laptop for my purposes. But I am only using it to take notes, not for art.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.