Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream - 14-cb172wm

My cursor is missing. I’ve tried everything I’ve read on here and cannot get it back. It’s an HP Stream, and following the instructions only gets me so far before my screen doesn’t have the option I’m supposed to choose. Could someone PLEASE walk me through this step-by-step like I’m 10? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The cursor only shows up when you are in an app that supports typing at the keyboard, like a command window or a text editor like MS Word.  Are you also not seeing the mouse pointer?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

My cursor is missing, and when I try to delete the mouse program, it isn’t there. There is no mouse hardware on my computer. I don’t know how to fix that. This is the picture from the screen where they tell you to go to delete it to repair with an update. My updates try to work for days but never complete and it never shows back up. This is a pretty much brand new comport that I’ve only used a few times but it worked fine until last time I tried, and the cursor is gone and I can’t fix it following their instructions because I don’t HAVE what they want you to delete to get it back. 

IMG_3716.jpeg

IMG_3784.jpeg

HP Recommended

What I suggest is that you plug a wired  mouse into a USB port -- as that should force the installation of the mouse driver. That should then show up as "mice and pointing devices" in Device Manager.

Does your laptop use a touchpad as the mouse? This might correct that.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.