Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27 Quantum Dot
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just bought a Quantum Dot monitor on the assumption I could connect my XPS 13 laptop via USB-C to USB-C but the monitor is not receiving any signal.  I'm using a Belkin cable.  Should it work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yeah, I can tell already from the price of the Belkin cable that it is not a Thunderbolt 3 cable. It doesn't provide the exact specifications but it seems like it's for charging only.

If you wanted a USB-C to USB-C solution, you would need something like this:

Cable Matters Thunderbolt 3 Cable in Black 0.8m: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Dougal13,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Can you please send the link to the product page of the Belkin USB-C to USB-C cable? For these types of purposes, (connecting laptop and high definition monitor) it's best to use a Thunderbolt 3 cable. Also, if possible, please try connecting to the monitor through a different input type (such as HDMI), just to ensure that the monitor and laptop is OK.

Kind regards,

Edward

HP Recommended

Thanks Edward,

USB-C cable here Buy BELKIN USB-C to USB-C Cable - 2 m | Free Delivery | Currys

Bought a USB-C to HDMI converter and monitor works fine so no longer important but be good to know why the USB-C connection did not work?

Kind regards

D

HP Recommended

Yeah, I can tell already from the price of the Belkin cable that it is not a Thunderbolt 3 cable. It doesn't provide the exact specifications but it seems like it's for charging only.

If you wanted a USB-C to USB-C solution, you would need something like this:

Cable Matters Thunderbolt 3 Cable in Black 0.8m: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

HP Recommended

Thanks Eddy.  Pity HP don't just say it needs to be a Thunderbolt cable and saved me time and cash.

Hey ho !!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.