Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP w2408h

I'm having some troubles with a monitor my friend gave me recently. My friend gave me an HP w2408h monitor that worked perfectly fine for him. This monitor works as it's supposed to with my old Microsoft laptop and with my friends Microsoft laptop. I've used HP monitors before as my old monitor was an HP 2010i and it worked great with my old Microsoft laptop and my current Chromebook that runs chrome OS. But with this new monitor, when I connect my Chromebook to my new HP monitor, the input is not recognized by the monitor and it immediately goes into sleep mode. This never happened with my old HP monitor or was any other monitor I've used, why is this? I don't have another option to use for a laptop at the moment and I need to be able to get this to work. Is there anything I can try to get this monitor to work with my Chromebook? Any help would be much appreciated. I decided to try my old hp monitor again last night and now that one wont even work when I had been using it perfectly fine for over a year. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Parker1400

Have you tried checking with a different video cable or different adapter?

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below to connect monitors.

Show your Chromebook screen on your monitor

1. At the bottom right, select the time.
  2. Select Settings Settings.
  3. In the "Device" section, select Displays.
  4. Select Mirror Internal Display. Your screen will show on all connected monitors.

Tip: To view your Chromebook screen only on your monitor, press and hold Decrease brightness Decrease Brightness.

Refer this article to know more information about connecting monitors. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Happy Holidays! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.