Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook P1A99UA#ABL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, after 5-10 minutes of laptop use, my mouse pointer moves repeatedly to the top right corner, clicking all the while. I have limited control, but it will continue returning to the top corner until I reboot the computer. Five minutes later it will begin to happen again.

These are the things I've tried:

-disabling the touch pad and using an new external mouse (unfortunately the problem occurs with both)

-virus and malware check

-updated drivers

-uninstalled mouse driver and reinstalled

-disabled adblock incase it was interfering

-disabled Real tech audio from start-up menu (someone suggested this)

-uninstalled extra mouse drivers that are there

-ran a hardware and driver check by HP support assessment - says all is working properly

I read on a forum to disable the pen/stylus but couldn't find one in device manager. How would I do this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated as otherwise it is a fast and great computer. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@kfayer

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

At this point I suggest you perform a Refresh or Reset https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-refresh-reset-or-restore-your-pc-51391d9a-eb0a-84...

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Check the display screen resolution by right clicking somewhere on the desktop to reach display settings.  if found higher than what is recommended, then reset to its native resolution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.