Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I recieved my Pavillion Laptop 15-au070sa for Christmas 2016, so I've had it less than three weeks, and I'm finding that clicking the mousepad is way too hard, my hands are painfull within minutes. The pressure needed to click the mousepad is way higher than it should be, and I cannot find a way to alter the pressure in the settings. I have now got a bluetooth mouse, which helps when I am sitting at a table. However, most of the time I use my laptop on my lap, so I don't have room for an external mouse, plus, I don't see why I should be placed in a position where I have no option but to use an external mouse.

How should I deal with this please?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi.

Welcome to forum FraggleRox.

Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad

Using the TouchPad or ClickPad

Using and Configuring the ClickPad

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

I just bought an HP 15t laptop and am hating the stiff mouse touchpad click, and discovering the same complaint from users on forums going back for years.  I so far haven't seen any solution offered, other than dubious reassurances from HP that it'll soften with use.  This is a deal-breaker for me.  Am I missing something?

HP Recommended

I have discovered that loosening the two T5 (star 5) screws on the bottom front below the Touchpad HELPS A LOT.  The T5 tool is very small and is hard to find.  I found one at Walmart in the tool section and on-line.  Search for "Hyper Tough TS85134A 77-Piece Computer Repair Kit With Storage Case"

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.