Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook 17 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

"Having trouble getting more than 2 monitors to work on my ZBook. Found this article from HP. It says 

Tip: A quick way to enable all displays connected (up to the maximum supported) in extended desktop mode is to use Windows presentation key and choose “Extend” mode. 1) Connect displays; 2) Press Windows logo key + P; 3) Select Extend."

Google brings up nothing to the search phrase "Windows presentation key". I have not been able to find any reference to it anywhere.

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GALJohnson 

If you wish to have 2 or more external monitors (and notebook monitor - total 3), please enter your requirement on the following link and it will find for you few USB-A DisplayLink Certified options on market today including some HP products (you can select HP before Search)

https://www.displaylink.com/products/universal-docking-stations

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

This laptop is supposed to support up to 4 screens as it stands, including the internal display. I have been able to get to external monitors working on the display port and on the VGA port,  but not at the same time. The internal screen has worked with both of the listed ports but not at the same time. I haven't tried the thunderbolt port because I don't have a thunderbolt capable monitor and cable.  I think that myh original question may hold the key to my issue.p

I'm not really interested in buying more equipment when what I have is supposed to be able to do considerably more than  what I am looking for.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.