Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-ba052wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have HP 15 ba052wm and windows 10. The problem is that whenever I'm watching a view from my laptop the screen goes black for a second and then returns to its normal state. So can anyone help me with it? Please tell me how to stop it as it is very inconvenient.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Liviaaaa

As the issue does not persist on a different browser, it sounds like an issue with the Google Chrome browser.

Try resetting the chrome settings to default and check if it helps.

On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
At the bottom, click Advanced.
Windows: Under "Reset and cleanup,” click Reset Settings and then Reset Settings.

Hope this helps!

Tae Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Liviaaaa, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

Have you tried checking with an external monitor? Does the issue persist?

Were there any recent windows update on the PC?

Does the issue persist on the BIOS page?

If the issue does not persist on the BIOS page, try updating the BIOS and graphics drivers on the PC to the latest version.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Update the graphics drivers using this link. Click Here

You can update other drivers on the PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

Try performing a hard reset on the PC.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.

6. With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.

7. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the laptop, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

The computer starts normally or a startup menu opens.

NOTE: 

If your computer does not start after pressing the Power button, then a power reset did not resolve the startup issue. SeeAdditional resources for further troubleshooting steps.

9. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.

Restore the BIOS settings to default and check if it helps.

1.    Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2.    Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3.    On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4.    Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5.    Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6.    Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Also, I would suggest you enable Fast Start-Up on the system and check if it helps. To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
2. Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
3. Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
4. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes. 
5. Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
6. Restart the computer.

Lastly, try running a system diagnostics test and check if the hardware components on the PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, so I tried the procedure of taking the battery out of the computer, but my screen still goes black when I'm using google. Whenever I use google to access youtube, the screen turns black, is there another solution to fix this, please.

HP Recommended

@Liviaaaa

What browser are you using to open Google homepage?

Have you tried checking with a different browser?

Did you try resetting the browser settings to default?

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I use google chrome web browser, whenever I use it to access youtube, the videos I watch makes the screen turn black. I tried other web browsers like internet explorer but didn't face any trouble.

HP Recommended

@Liviaaaa

As the issue does not persist on a different browser, it sounds like an issue with the Google Chrome browser.

Try resetting the chrome settings to default and check if it helps.

On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
At the bottom, click Advanced.
Windows: Under "Reset and cleanup,” click Reset Settings and then Reset Settings.

Hope this helps!

Tae Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok thanks, I just resetted the google settings. I''ll get back to you if I experience that problem again. Thanks Again!!

HP Recommended

@Liviaaaa,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to know your issue got resolved after resetting the Google Chrome settings.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,
Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.