Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
I recently installed AVG antivirus and my laptop also get shut down sometime and message displays as thermal shutdown occurred
@Gaurav38 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the laptop screen not responding.
Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.
Please try to uninstall the AVG and check.
Boot to safe mode and check if the mouse freeze.
Please perform the below steps on the computer to run a System Test
- Shut down/Turn off the computer
- Once the computer is completely Shut down/Turned off
- Now press the power button once to turn on the computer and immediately start pressing/tapping the F2 key on the keyboard
- This should open the UEFI Diagnostic screen on the computer
- Please select System Test and then select Quick Test
Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -
Step 1 Windows Updates -
1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.
2) Check for updates.
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.
Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant
Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community