Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Print screen / prt sc / screenshot function does not work.

Well it doesn't show any signs that it's taken a photo and no photos show up anywhere.

It is a brand new HP Envy Laptop 13-ba0010na, Intel core i7 and Windows 10.

The print screen button in on the right-hand shift button, not up on it's own.

I have tried windows + prt sc, alt + prt sc, shift  + prt sc, ctrl + prt sc, fn + prt sc and prt sc on it's own but nothing works.

Any help most appreciated.

Thanks, 

Tiffany

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tiffany23 Hitting PrntScrn alone will only store an image of the screen into your Clipboard, which you would then have to paste into a document.

If you open up Paint or anything else that supports images, you can paste the last screenshot you took by either pressing Ctrl+V or Right Click and selecting Paste from the menu.

Paint actually has a large button on the top left of the application window that allows you to paste as well.

If the above doesn't help, here's an alternative:

To Take a Screenshot of Part of Your Screen

Press “Windows + Shift + S”. Your screen will appear grayed out and your mouse cursor will change. Click and drag on your screen to select the part of your screen you want to capture. A screenshot of the screen region you selected will be copied to your clipboard. You can paste it in any application by selecting Edit > Paste or pressing Ctrl + V, just as you’d paste a full-screen shortcut taken with the Print Screen key.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.