Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-da0074tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

5 days ago I started my laptop, and opened PUBG Lite, the screen blinked with a glitch lasting 2-3 seconds and then I got video_tdr_failure and the system restarted. I retried executing  the same application and this time got this error "VIDEO_SCHEDULAR_INTERNAL_ERROR". Tried one more time with another application that utilises the dedicated graphics after the system restarted and this time it was WATCHDOG_VIOLATION_ERROR before it restarted again.After restarting the NVIDIA taskbar icon didn't show up so I tried to open GeForce Experience which showed up this message -"No graphics driver installed". Then I was automatically taken to the "Drivers" tab where I had the options for "Express Installation and Custom Installation". Respectively, I tried both options but the result was same; drivers were updated to the latest version and the PhysX System Software didn't install with message "A newer or same version is present". After restarting the laptop, now when I tried starting any of the applications(like Adobe Photoshop or Need for Speed) that utilises Dedicated Graphics card, the applications simply didn't start. It was then when I looked up for NVIDIA Graphics Adapter in the device manager list and found out it had an exclamation mark icon, on double clicking it, device status had the message " Windows Has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". 

After that I contacted Customer Support(India), and followed all their instructions. They told me to reinstall windows 10, un-install re-install Graphics drivers from HP( v25.21.14.1788) and NVIDIA(v430.61) websites(responding to the Windows version I had i.e. 1903). My BIOS is also updated(F.04 for System Board ID 84A7).Non of their solutions worked for me! By now I've tried almost all possible troubleshooting solutions that're available on the internet but non have helped. When I demanded the Technical Support to assign me an on-sight engineer(my laptop is under warranty) they simply declined saying they can't assign an on-sight engineer for any software issues, all this after wasting my 5-6 hrs.

So kindly provide me a solution that is known to work or at least help me confirm if this is a software issue or a hardware one!

System Details : 

Model : 15-da0074tx

OS       :  Windows 10 Pro (Version 1903)

Graphics Card (Dedicated): NVIDIA GeForce MX110 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update : After continuously racking my brains and waisting another few hours with customer care, I was finally able to convince the customer support to appoint me an on sight engineer. He came and replaced the motherboard , without making any software or kernel level changes and voila! 

Conclusion : Try not to stress out your GPU(as long as u'r using an HP product) as it might damage the unit and then u might find urself in a position to argue with the customer support over providing something that is already yours, eventually putting all the stress ultimately on you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@tanishqK

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad wrote:

@tanishqK

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

Thank you for letting me know that I'm being heard. Waiting for the team to respond. Hope they contact me soon!

HP Recommended

Update : After continuously racking my brains and waisting another few hours with customer care, I was finally able to convince the customer support to appoint me an on sight engineer. He came and replaced the motherboard , without making any software or kernel level changes and voila! 

Conclusion : Try not to stress out your GPU(as long as u'r using an HP product) as it might damage the unit and then u might find urself in a position to argue with the customer support over providing something that is already yours, eventually putting all the stress ultimately on you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.