Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-ae152na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to open the NVIDIA control panel and it comes up with the error message:

"You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU".

I only discovered this error because I'm having an error with my SIMS 4 game loading: 0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:0000012d:912c9c10

I need an ideally non-technical fix as I am not somewhere I can easily get technical help and won't be back in the UK for at least 6 months.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello KrazyToad,

I want to say thank-you to you and Barachiel for your help. I have managed to fix the problem through the link Barachiel provided: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-envy-15-ae100-notebook-pc/8499282/model/9044472/document/c01...

and using step 2 and clicking on Update the driver for the original graphics card where I selected "Click here  to view all available drivers for this product" and then "driver-graphics" before downloading and installing both the "Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver" and the "NVIDIA High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver". Now both my NVIDIA control panel and SIMS4 game seem to be running fine.

Thank-you for the help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @issues_18 ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank-you for your post.

Here are the answers to your questions:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums? - I tried finding a solution but couldn't find one I understood so no I haven't done anything. I did make sure all drivers were up to date and adjust what I could of the SIMS 4 and Origin without being able to open the SIMS. I tried a restart. Basically the solutions that are common and relatively simple I have tried.

When was the last time it worked without these issues? I don't know, I don't think I ever checked it until my SIMS 4 stopped working which was the day before I posted here.

I will try the steps in the link you provided.

HP Recommended

Hi @issues_18

It looks like you were interacting with @Barachiel, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service.

Please try the recommended Steps in the Link at your convenience and keep us posted.

Thank you. 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello KrazyToad,

I want to say thank-you to you and Barachiel for your help. I have managed to fix the problem through the link Barachiel provided: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-envy-15-ae100-notebook-pc/8499282/model/9044472/document/c01...

and using step 2 and clicking on Update the driver for the original graphics card where I selected "Click here  to view all available drivers for this product" and then "driver-graphics" before downloading and installing both the "Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver" and the "NVIDIA High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver". Now both my NVIDIA control panel and SIMS4 game seem to be running fine.

Thank-you for the help.

HP Recommended

Hi @issues_18 ,

Hurray!!! I'm delighted to hear that it's working! Feel free to reach out to us again. Have a great day. 🙂

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead. 

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

if nvidia cp is not opening my first advice is always to solve any problem is to reboot the system if that doesn't work then you can follow the instruction below

1. run "msc", srvice box will open, search and double click "nvidia display driver service" a dilouge box will open up where you have to ensure that the "startup type is automatic" and "status is start".
  2. Next method is to set the resolution high, reboot the system, sometimes nvidia cp requires high resolution to open up.
  3. Uninstall and Re-install the Nvidia graphics driver. I loved this if you want graphic friendly approach.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.