Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 1a000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have updated to windows 10 on this computer and now have everything running great.  However the kids want to play minecraft.  However when I try to run the program I get an error can't find opengl excellerator.  Need to update graphic driver.  Current driver ver is 8.15.10.2900.  Searched intel and there is the following:

version 15.22.58.64.2993 (8.15.10.2993) for Windows 7* 64-bit and Windows Vista* 64-bit.  Since this originally was loaded with Windows 7 64 bit can I use this driver?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

What processor does that model have?

HP Recommended

intel pentium P6200@ 2.13 Ghz

HP Recommended

Hi:

I looked around and can't find exactly what HD graphics driver that processor uses.

The best I could come up with was what you came up with...and I am not 100% sure this driver is the right one, because it does not specifically list the P6200 processor as supported by the graphics driver.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22520/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-Driver-for...

In any event, this is how I recommend you proceed if you want to try that driver version...

1. Create a restore point using the system restore utility before you try to install the driver.  That way, if things go wrong, or the driver performs worse than the one you have on there now, it will be easier to revert to the current status.

2.  Download the zip file version of the driver that I posted above, and I will give you the steps to manually install it.

Unzip the file to its folder.

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Graphics Adapters device manager category.  Click on the Intel HD graphics adapter.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.   Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk and browse to the unzipped graphics driver folder>Graphics, select the kit51428 setup information file, and see if the driver installs that way.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Hmm......someone is deleting posts without the courtesy of notification or explanation?  My reply was 100x more helpful since this user's issue is NOT solved by updating to the latest graphics driver (whether from HP or Intel won't matter).

HP Recommended

TCS is there a solution?

HP Recommended

@tcsenter

It wasn't me.

When I get e-mail replies, I have my profile set to actually see the posts in the e-mail.

When I clicked to read the actual forum link, your post was not there.

I have seen that happen occasionally and it is possible that your post will show up eventually.

I did not see anything inappropriate with what you wrote, so I don't believe a moderator would have deleted your reply for any reason.

Now I do take exception to your reply of last night...

We all do the best we can to help someone, and on this forum, we refain from critizing any contributor's suggestions.

I was only suggesting an approach that works most of the time, in most situations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@wilderness :  Here is a direct copy and paste from the forum e-mail reply notfication of what tcsenter posted, that did not show up the other night...

Appears to be known issue/limitation with running Minecraft on Windows 8.1 and 10 when you have an older Intel graphics chip that is not officially supported with drivers for 8.1 or 10.   Your P6000 series graphics part is 1st generation Core from 2010 and never received a driver specifically for 8.1 or 10 (Intel used 'legacy' WDDM mode in W8.1 by installing the driver from Windows 7) .  Could also be your Java plug-in.

There are work-arounds such as disabling driver signing enforcement and installing the drivers in compatibility mode but none seem to be ideal and will still have poor performance (e.g. lower frame rates).  On higher-end systems with fast processors it might still be playable but it's doubtful on this lower-end Pentium.  Best solution for preserving performance seems to be to revert back to running on W8.1 or Windows 7.

There are dozens if not hundreds of posts/topics about it on Minecraft Help Forums.  I would recommend going there for solutions, as this is nothing HP could do anything about.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have unsubscribed from this discussion, and will not be notified of any further replies.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.