Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-12-2023 05:08 PM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
(1) Double check with external monitor connected via vga/hdmi cable.
Do you see (boot screen and) Windows loading on external monitor ?
- Power off external monitor
- Connect vga/hdmi cable
- Power on external monitor
- Power on notebook
(2) Please report back
01-13-2023 04:41 AM
In the simplest case the internal display cable behind the screen is no longer seated correctly. It has come loose slightly.
Recommendation and solution
In your case: Service is required !
- The computer should be disassembled and checked.
- [Always recommended] Thermal paste for CPU GPU and bridges should be renewed
- [Always recommended] The function of the fan(s) must be checked
- The internal display cable that goes from motherboard to screen has to be checked or replaced
- The screen has to checked or replaced
- Short circuit test
- General cleaning ...
HP warranty valid -> Please contact HP Support for service check/repair.
If status (date) is wrong:
HP warranty expired:
If you can't do that, you should have it serviced by a professional notebook (chip level) repair store.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community