12-05-2019 07:37 AM - edited 12-05-2019 09:55 AM
Hello, I bought my laptop Omen 17 AN111NV two months ago and I'm facing (nvlddmkm stopped responding event 4101) error from the first days. I restore my system but it didn't take long and the problem appeared again. After the first month I upgraded my SSD with a bigger one and I performed a Win 10 Pro clean install hoped that It was a software issue. After a few days it happen again the screen freeze and come up after a few seconds. It happens more mostly while I use my laptop with the battery also if I open a "heavy" game like BF1 or I run a stress test to gpu everything is fine. If I uninstall the GPU drivers again it's ok but also it is useless as gaming laptop.
My built is Intel i7-8750/GTX 1060/12 GB RAM/Samsung 970 Pro.
Has anyone the same problem? Is there a solutions or it's a defective laptop?
12-07-2019 12:26 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant which will update the system software and drivers: ( do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating )
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee