1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

On startup (just sometimes) there is no image on my display

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 13-b200np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

On my laptop HP Pavilion 13-b200np, I'm experiencing something very strange.

Sometimes, just sometimes, on startup, there is no image on the display at all. Not even the hp logo on boot. Just black. When I start my computer and this happens, there is no way image appears on the screen.

Then, sometimes, the computer starts normally, showing with the hp logo on boot and functioning as usual. When this happens, it works fine for as long as I keep the laptop running.

In either situations, if I connect an external monitor, the pc works as usual in the monitor. Meaning, everything is fine except the laptop's display when it remains black.

I've tried disabling fast-boot, resetting the OS, opening the computer and removing the RAM slots and cleaning the components and nothing seems to fix the problem.

Anyone facing/faced a similar issue?

What might be the cause?

Thanks in advance,

Pedro

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation