Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion X360

I never noticed any issues with this laptop. I've had it since 2019 and it's been wonderful to me, but I recently opened it and noticed that the screen on the right bottom is popping out. The bottom right part of the metal casing of my screen started to detach from the led touch screen.  It doesn't make sense how it popped out as I haven't recently dropped or damaged my laptop.  I can't pop it back in as there is a plastic bit preventing me from doing so.(supposed to be holding the screen in) My screen is also cracked now and my computer creaks when opened. This is extremely frustrating and disappointing and I honestly don't know what to do at this point. 

None of this would've happened if the screen hadn't just popped out for no reason.  I am wondering if there are any recalls, or information on defects since my laptop's warranty has run out and I'm concerned that the laptop screen is more expensive to replace than the laptop is worth.  I'm rather disappointed since this should've never happened and this laptop should've been able to last longer than this.   It seems like many other people have had this issue too, making this HP's responsibility, but I can't get in contact with anyone who can do anything about it or ask comment on those posts so here I am.

I have been an HP customer for years, and have never had an experience like this. I would hate for something like this to be the end of our relationship, but this process has been disappointing and frustrating as it's hard to get answers for something that seems like it should have never happened if this laptop was properly built in the first place. 

Can someone please help me with this situation? What can HP do to make this right?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@LaurenZ8,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Apologies for all the inconvenience

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like hardware related issue with the screen assembly and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.