Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion x360

Aloha!

I just bought a pavilion x360 laptop for school and I use the touchpad to scroll up and down pages a lot. However, the touchpad for my laptop seems not working as well as it should be.

When I tried to scroll down pages by using the touchpad but only the mouse is moving around on the page. What should I do so I can use my touchpad to scroll up and down?

Mahalo!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Chanpo,

If scrolling is not working on the touchpad, see if it is disabled in the touchpad settings.

Open the Control Panel (tap the Windows key and X key together and choose Control Panel). 

Go to Hardware and Sound, scroll down to Synaptics ClickPad and click on it.

In the window that opens, make sure the box for Scrolling is checked. If not, do so and click OK.

Capture3.PNG

If that does not help, tell me the full product number of your X360 and I will locate the driver download.

HP Recommended

Chanpo122

Here's a link to an HP interactive troubleshooter for keyboard and touchpad problems:  http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=NotebookKeyboardandTouchPadorClickPad.net&section=ccweb&as=t...

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.