Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15 -P005AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi There, i have been given a Pavillion 15 -P005AX running Win 10 home with a AMD Radeon R4 Graphics card (AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M260). when i boot normally it starts but just goes to a black screen. 
if i boot in safe mode, it boots as expected. i have looked at device manager and there is a couple of issues...
1/ under firmware "System Firmware" has a Yellow exclamation but "Details are unavailable in Safe Mode"

2/ under Monitors "PnP Monitors" also has a Yellow exclamation mark.

3/ 2 "Unknown devices"

i presume Number 2 requires a driver to get the correct display once in "Normal  Boot", which i can then deal with the other issues.

i have d/loaded the appropriate drivers from this site but none have worked and have displayed an error "Failed to load Detection Driver"
i went to the Radeon site and D/loaded the appropriate driver for the AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M260 and when i try to run this one i get the same error as above or i have also had a "Unsigned Driver" error

i also dont get network whilst in safe mode so cant check online for updated drivers...

can you pleas help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Crewzar Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting black screen while booting normally.

Please boot the computer with safe mode with networking and update the graphics drivers

Also, update the BIOS and check for the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen196 and thanks for the reply...

the only way to get the screen to display is via "Safe Mode" and i have tried WITH networking but cannot get connectivity via cable or wifi. (as stated previously, there are 3 items showing in Device Manager as unresolved)

i have downloaded and installed ALL drivers for this model from this website but am unable to  resolve either of these issues..
i will update the bios tonight and advise of the outcome.

HP Recommended

@Crewzar

Thank you for the information.

Please update the BIOS and let us know.

If you have any other concerns, please get back to us. We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!  

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@Crewzar

Thank you for the update.

After reloading the operating system, If you are facing any issue. Please get back to us. 

We will assist you.

Have a  nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.