Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy X360 Convertible 15-cn0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm a new owner of a HP Envy X360 notebook and I find the pinch zoom on the touchpad to be a pain in the neck in that it is always zooming in and out when I don't want it to.  For that reason I want to permanently disable the pinch zoom gesture on the touchpad... unfortunately the Mouse/Touchpad options are very limited and do not offer a way that I can see to make these types of adjustments.  Is there a way to accomplish this? 

Kind regards,

John B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JohnB007

This might require remote access to your computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@JohnB007

Welcome to the HP support community.

Is that a Synaptics or elan touchpad?

Meanwhile:

To disable the pinch zoom feature in Windows 10:

1.Press Start button on the keyboard, type Mouse & Touchpad settings and select the top most search result. 

2.From the window click on Additional mouse option

3.Click on the Device Settings tab and click on Settings button. 

4.From the left side panel, click Pinch Zoom option and uncheck the box Enable Pinch Zoom

5.Click on Apply and OK

6.Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandy, 

thank you for your response.  The touchpad is a Synaptics one.  I followed your instructions but I do not see any of these steps... 3. Click on the Device Settings tab and click on Settings button &  4. From the left side panel, click Pinch Zoom option and uncheck the box Enable Pinch Zoom

JohnB007_0-1595214264772.png

Let me know what you think I should do next.  Thanks in advance.

John B

HP Recommended

Please try the below steps and check.

To disable the pinch zoom feature in Windows 10:

· Press Start button on the keyboard, type Mouse & Touchpad settings and select the topmost search result. 

· From the window click on Additional mouse option

· Click on the Device Settings tab and click on Settings button. 

· From the left side panel, click Pinch Zoom option and uncheck the box Enable Pinch Zoom

· Click on Apply and OK

· Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Hi Jay,

As mentioned above (see CO00654769) I do see the pinch and zoom option anywhere in the properties... in fact, the options all look to be for a normal mouse, not for a touch pad, although I arrived there via the touch pad options (see below)... am I missing something?

HP Recommended

@JohnB007

Step 1: Go to Device Manager > Mice and other pointing devices. Right-click on the Synaptics option and go to Properties.

Synpatics Touchpad Tab Settings Missing 17

Step 2: Go to the Driver tab and note down the Driver Version (19.5.10.75 for my laptop).

Synpatics Touchpad Tab Settings Missing 12A

Step 3: Click on Update Driver.

Synpatics Touchpad Tab Settings Missing 13

Step 4: Click on ‘Browse my computer for driver software.

Step 5: Click on ‘Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.’

Step 6: Now select a version less than the one that you noted above. In my case, it is 19.5.10.69 version. Click Next and you will be asked to restart the PC.

Once you log in again, open Control Panel and go to Mouse settings. The Synaptics tab will be happily sitting there. Click it to modify TouchPad/ClickPad settings and you can make the necessary changes.

If none of the methods mentioned above bring back the Synaptics tab, install Synaptics app from the Microsoft store. Once installed, launch it and you will be able to modify its settings.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandy,

None of the solutions work.  I cannot roll back the driver since the computer is new and has the original driver.  I cannot uninstall the driver, it just reinstalls it everytime.  I cannot download the driver from the MS Store (please see comments on the driver in the store, many people are not able to download it) . 

Touchpad Download Comments.jpg

HP Recommended

@JohnB007

This might require remote access to your computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.