Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP 360 notebook is 1.5 years old, but it seemes to have some screen issues. I have constant horisontal and vertical shadows/stripes on the windows screen. Also sometimes the whole screen starts flickering. The flickering stops sometimes if I close down some of the windows or go to sleep and then back up again. 

There is also a problem with one of the speakers (from when the computer was brand new). Of course I do not use these speakers normally, but sometimes I use skype and then I cannot hear what the other person is saying because of the distortion of the left speaker. 

The speaker failure is no big deal, but when both display and speaker does not work, I have started to raise a question regarding the quality of HP... Anyone else with these problems with the HP 360 ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AtleSilgjerd

Welcome to HP Forums, let's dissect one issue after the other, although, the issue with the vertical shadow/stripe could be a display issue, here's what we need to start with:

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

Meanwhile, it looks like a hardware issue, however, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

Click here for instructions

If the issue persists, let me know.

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the answer. 

Regarding your questions:

1. The speaker has been non-working since it was brand new. The same with the screen flickering. THe stripes has come gradually after a year or so.

2. No SW or HW changes. Only updated some drivers to try to fix the problem.

I have used your link for test-instructions, and the answer was that it was probably a HW problem.

best regards,

Atle

HP Recommended

@AtleSilgjerd I appreciate the fact that you've gone through the suggested steps, and since you've confirmed that the tests failed or presented a hardware problem, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.