Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Touch Smart 4-1272er
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hello all, here id like to ask u abotu problem with ive found. I have an ultrabook HP TouchSmart 4-1272er and my touch screen display was worked well. But after auto updating from win 8.1 to 10 my touch screen stoped work. An it strange cuz in divaces i cant found a HID touch screen option. After that ive downgraded win from 10 to 8.1 and.....the situation was happened again. MAy be some one has thae same situation, please help) Best wishes, Alexander.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@creatoR89, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you checked on the BIOS screen if the touch works?

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.

2. Turn on the computer, and then immediately press the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens.

3. Press F10 to open the BIOS Setup Utility.

Let us perform a hardware test:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. Perform Component Test > Video. Share the result on your next post.

Also, perform the steps mentioned in this document - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Ive tried to do it activities. But windows shows that pan or touch screen is absent(((

In UEFI menu i cant test an "Touch screen" also cuz in "Video" option i can test only pallt and memory. Nothing more(

Do u mind any other variants how to "switch on" a Touch screen. It could be a programm, but may be was some "gap" inside a hardware? May be it lost some connections... Please help..... 

HP Recommended

@Kumar0307

may be laptop configure will help u

Снимок.PNG

HP Recommended

moderators was close an screem with information about laptop

serial number is CNDthreetwoeightzeroJCeight

HP Recommended

@creatoR89

Kindly do not mention the serial number on public post for security reasons.

Did you check the touch functionalities on the BIOS screen?

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.

4. The Component Tests menu displays.

5. Touch Screen Test - Quick interactive test to determine if the touch screen is functioning correctly. (This test is currently not available in the Windows version of the hardware diagnostics.)

To run the test, click Touch Screen, and then click Run once.

6. If the test fail, please capture the 24 character failure ID and revert with the details. and if it passes, we may need to check if a windows program is conflicting with the touchscreen, try checking if it works in safe mode.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, dear @Kumar0307

Of cource yes, ive check it using ur instructions, but as i tried to discribe - "Touch Screen test" option in a "Component test" havent shown. Only "Video" option which contains "Memory test" and "palette (as i remember) test". Thats all.

I think i should disassemble all parts of laptop add be sure all important connections will works correct.

Are u agree? Or do u have some minds?

HP Recommended

@creatoR89

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks man, i will contact u if will have some question. And i will leave information which close it issue.

Have a nice day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.