Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Notebook HP - 15-ac089nl (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a problem concerning the deactivation of the automatic brightness of my HP Notebook - 15-ac089nl (ENERGY STAR). It happens that when the image changes in the screen the brightness of the screen changes automatically (increases or decreases) while remaining in the same percentage. I tried to deactivate the automatic brightness as indicated in other forums but in the settings there is no "automatic brightness" item, you can only adjust the level simply. do you have any solution?

Thank you so much and sorry for my english

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Here are a couple of things to check.

1.  Right click the battery icon in the Taskbar and select Power Options.  Click on Change plan settings next to your selected power plan and in the following window, click on Change advanced power settings.  In the Advanced settings window, expand Display and then expand Enable adaptive brightness - make sure this is set to Off for both On Battery and Plugged in.  Click Apply and Ok to save any setting changes.

2.  Open windows Control Panel and in the top right, next to View by: select 'Large Icons'.  From the new layout, select the Intel HD Graphics option.  Click on the Power icon and in the following screen, select On Battery in the left hand pane - under the option Display Power Saving Technology, set this to Disable.  Click Apply and then Ok to save any setting change.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

1.  Right click the battery icon in the Taskbar and select Power Options.  Click on Change plan settings next to your selected power plan and in the following window, click on Change advanced power settings.  In the Advanced settings window, expand Display and then expand Enable adaptive brightness - make sure this is set to Off for both On Battery and Plugged in.  Click Apply and Ok to save any setting changes.

2.  Open windows Control Panel and in the top right, next to View by: select 'Large Icons'.  From the new layout, select the Intel HD Graphics option.  Click on the Power icon and in the following screen, select On Battery in the left hand pane - under the option Display Power Saving Technology, set this to Disable.  Click Apply and then Ok to save any setting change.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thank you very much,

thanks to your second help I solved my problem.

HP Recommended

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks for help, you helped me too

HP Recommended

Thank you!!!! You're the best!

HP Recommended

@DavidPK wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

DP-K

thanks it worked for me had also to change under pluggged in from balanced mode to max perfomance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.