Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ENVY 13-BA1033TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP ENVY 13-BA1033TX (bought in late 2020) when i watch video the screen becomes freeze for 1 second its like lagging and recently when i restart the laptop starts but screen remains blank after login and when i download HP Cloud Recovery Tool using the right side of usb port its always failed but when i use the left side of usb port its always success even though the transfer speed is slower than the right side of usb ports. Should I update my bios to fix that problem? I have updated bios 1 time before, but the PC wanted me to do it through windows update (that might have caused the problem, i don't know) and i have reset my laptop through HP Cloud Recovery Tool but the problem still occurred. I also already updated all drivers and windows update. should i update bios or what?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@RaflyRizky

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

just yesterday i got notification from windows update to install HP Inc Firmware 15.11.0.0 (it is bios update F.11), and after installing it it shows "The System BIOS update is complete" below that "Upon Restarting the screen may be blank for a few minutes and various LED Lights may flash .Please do not attempt to interrupt or power down during this time". After that i click "Continue Startup" then the screen goes blank and the power button key repeatedly blinking for 1 minute and after that stop blinking. only battery indicator light that on until now.  it said the "Upon Restarting" but almost 4 hours have passed my laptop not restarting, it is supposed to restart and back to my windows start menu like the previous bios update F0.6. So, after 4 hours i decided to press the power button key and then it start repeatedly blinking again for 30 seconds and enter the windows start menu. I checked my bios version through msinfo32 and it shows that my bios version is F.11 .But I fear the newest HP ENVY 13-ba1000 bios version F.11 has a problem and my battery drain faster than previous bios version and also the performance is declining compare to the previous bios version ( i set Performance mode in HP Command Center and power mode best performance).

HP Recommended

@RaflyRizky

Thank you for posting back. 

I would suggest before updating system BIOS update backup all your personnel files and data. 

Refer to: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833 Recovering the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

DSC_0019.JPG

HP Recommended

@RaflyRizky

Let's try this:

• Firstly, remove the hard drive from the computer.
  • Once the hard drive is removed turn on the computer without the hard drive- While booting as the computer doesn’t detect a hard drive, so it’ll automatically roll back to the previous bios.
  • Put the HDD back in and turn it ON. It might give an error about improper shutdown. Just click continue and it should boot to windows.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

how to remove the hard drive from the computer?

HP Recommended

@RaflyRizky

Follow the document: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06618421.pdf  and refer to Component replacement procedures 37.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did Recover the BIOS using a key press combination and it's successful, but the version doesn't change or downgrade to the previous version (F.06 Rev A). So, My Current BIOS Still F.11 Rev A

Is that normal? 

HP Recommended

@RaflyRizky

Let's try this: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833 Recovering the BIOS. 

By end of the article you will be able to fix the issue.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.